I can’t believe that Halloween is right around the corner! And if your kids are like my nieces and nephew they not only change their minds every day as to what they want to be for Halloween, but they also like to dress up ALL THE TIME! These quick and easy Monsters Inc Halloween Costumes are a great project to create with the kids in an afternoon and will satisfy their need for dress-up time!
Monsters Inc Halloween Costumes
This post, Monsters Inc Halloween Costumes contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s What You Will Need to create Monsters Inc Halloween Costumes:
- Kunin ®Classic Felt™ 9” x 12” Craft Cuts – Black, Neon Blue, Lagoon and Coral Red
- Kunin ®Classic Felt™ 12” x 18” Craft Cuts – White
- T-shirts – Bright Green and Bright Blue
- Mike Wazowski and Sully Patterns – linked below↓
- Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue – perfect for all types of projects!
- Tombow MONOTWIN Permanent Marker – one pen, two tips!
- Stabilo Aquarellable Pencil, White – writes on all types of dark surfaces
- Scissors – Fiskars are my favorite!
- Pencil; Eraser; Large Piece of Cardboard
Here’s How to Make Mike & Sully T-shirt Costumes:
Use a permanent black marker to trace on the lighter colored felt and the Aquarellable white pencil to trace on the darker colored felt. TIP: Remember to cut INSIDE the lines for a neat and clean finished project.
Lay each t-shirt out on a flat surface. Slide a piece of cardboard between the front and back of the t-shirt. This will prevent the shirt from accidentally getting glued together (don’t ask me how I know this, just trust me!) Place all of the felt pieces on the t-shirt until you are pleased with the composition.
Individually flip each piece over, apply glue and attach to shirt. Press gently, not firmly. You want to attach the felt to the shirt, but not allow any glue to seep through the felt.
Here is a close-up of Mike Wazowski…
And here is a close-up of Sully…
I hope you will use my quick and easy Monsters Inc Halloween Costumes as a jumping-off point to showcase your Kunin Creativity to create some super cute t-shirts designed for dress-up! Maybe some Minions or Emojis might be in my future! Felt is an easy, versatile, and forgiving medium that allows you to create affordable but trendy projects whether you are a beginner or an expert crafter!
More Quick and Easy Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Mandy from Sugar Bee Crafts has a round-up of THE BEST FAMILY COSTUMES which are so incredibly creative!
- Sew What Alicia created a Maui costume, the Demigod from the Disney Movie Moana with BOYS TATTOO SLEEVE TUTORIAL which is just super cute!
- Liz and Sam from Pretty Life Girls created How to Make DIY Hot Dog, Ketchup & Mustard Costumes from simple sweatsuits – genius!
- Stephanie from Crafting in the Rain blog created Harry Potter-inspired Dementor Costume, Trelawney Costume and Umbridge Costume for her daughters which are great for tweens!
If you like these projects check out more Halloween inspiration BUGS & KISSES HALLOWEEN TREAT TOPPER + FREE PRINTABLE or PUMPKINS DECORATED WITH HOT GLUE
Thanks for stopping by!