I can remember creating my Halloween costumes when I was a kid with my Mom and Dad out of all types of found objects from around the house. These were more memorable and special than all of the store-bought costumes combined! The inspiration for the Kids Skeleton Halloween Costume was definitely the Kunin Tie Dye Felt! This costume is a bit of a mash-up – two ideas merged together – a cute as can be hot pink Skeleton and a rainbow Tie-Dyed Hippie! Halloween is just around the corner, so it’s time to plan and create your costumes NOW!
Create a No-Sew Kids Skeleton Halloween Costume
This post, Kids Skeleton Halloween Costume contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s what you will need to create a Skeleton Costume:
- Tie-Dye Felt Craft Sheets – 4-6 will be needed
- Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
- Skeleton Patterns – linked below ⇓
- Long Sleeve Shirt and matching Leggings (or sweatshirt and sweat pants)
- Scissors – Fiskars are my favorite!
- White Paper
- MONOTWIN Permanent Marker from Tombow
- Safety Pins
Here’s how to make a Kids Halloween Costume:
Download and print Skeleton Halloween Costume Patterns below ⇓ Cut out all patterns, trace onto chipboard and then cut out again.
Trace Rib Cage (1); Pelvis (1); Knee Cap (2); Long Leg Bone (2); Medium Leg Bone (2) and Small Arm Bone (4) on to the back of the Tie-Dye Felt Sheets with the MONOTWIN Permanent Marker and cut out with scissors. TIP: Each Felt Craft Sheet has a different tie-dye image on it, so move the patterns around until you are pleased with the color placement on each pattern piece.
Dress your child in the long sleeve shirt, and then carefully safety pin the felt skeleton pieces in the correct place. Safety pins will close, allowing for the shirt to be removed without poking the child.
Repeat this process with the leggings, by carefully safety pinning the felt skeleton pieces in the correct place on the top and bottom of the legs.
Cut and insert plain white paper inside the shirt and leggings to prevent the layers from becoming glued together. Attach each Tie-Dye Felt skeleton piece in place with Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue. Let dry overnight.
Groovy Kids Skeleton Halloween Costume
Pick up some fun Hippie inspired accessories at your local party store to complete the look! OR change up the colors and themes to customize your Kids Skeleton Halloween Costume! Think cheetah print felt on black with some glam accessories or a fun geometric print felt on neon green for an eighties theme. Creating your own handmade and homemade Halloween costumes with your kids – crafting memories that will stay with them for life!
More Halloween Kid and Adult Costume Inspiration
- Create a DIY OCTOPUS COSTUME a no-sew project from girls' tights! Mariah at Giggles Galore always has the best tutorials and her
- Paging Supermom is one of my favorite blogs and her KIDS NO-SEW NINJA HALLOWEEN COSTUME is so easy and even comes with pool noodle NUNCHUKS!
- Destiny at Suburban Wife City Life has a super cool DIY SPACESHIP COSTUME and the base is a pop-up hamper which is genius!
- Vanessa at Tried and True Blog creates a totally awesome TRAIN YOUR DRAGON COSTUME from a kids' sweatsuit!
- Ginger Snap Crafts has a fun BOB ROSS AND HAPPY TREES Halloween Couples Costume!
Thanks for stopping by!