Y’all know that I love to take everyday items and upcycle them into fabulous pieces of home decor items. This one turned out even better than I imagined. Well, Embroidery Hoops aren’t just for sewing. Create a few Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web crafts to decorate your home this Halloween. I am excited to be sharing today as part of the Team Creative Crafts Last-Minute Halloween Crafts Edition, so stop back by on Saturday to see all of the creative inspiration!
Lace Hoop Web and Recycled Wine Cork Spider
This week I am co-hosting Team Creative Crafts Last-Minute Halloween Crafts Edition with my crafty friends Laura from Laura Kelly Designs, and Lindsay from Artsy-Fartsy Mama. We are featuring ALL the fabulously spooky and cute craft projects from some of the most talented designers we know. Check out my tutorial, then scroll down to see all the creativity, AND stop back on Saturday to see what everyone has created!
This post, Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.</
Here’s what you need to make a Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Web Hoop:
- Fabri-Fuse Liquid Fabric Glue by E6000
- Americiana Acrylic Paint by DecoArt – Lamp Black
- Wooden Embroidery Hoops – 3” and 5” in diameter
- Cotton Lace Doilies – 4” and 6” in diameter
- Recycled Wine Corks – two
- Black Pom Poms, two – Dollar Tree
- Black Tinsel Pipe Cleaners, eight – Dollar Tree
- Wiggle Eyes, four – Dollar Tree
- Baker’s Twine, colors – Dollar Tree
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paint Brush
Here’s how to create an Embroidery Hoop Web with Wine Cork Spider:
To begin the Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web, gather all supplies. Basecoat all sides of the two recycled wine corks with Lamp Black Americana acrylic paint. Set aside to dry and apply a second coat if necessary.
Fit the Lace Doilies loosely into the embroidery hoops. Pull gently from the back to ensure the lace is taught and then tighten the screw at the top of the hoop. Trim the excess Lace from the back of the embroidery hoop with scissors. Apply a thin line of Fabri-Fuse Liquid Fabric Glue to the cut edge of the lace to secure. Set aside to dry. This craft was made with cotton lace doilies from the craft store, but any type of lace would work.
Wrap four black pipe cleaners around each cork, twisting to secure. Trim any excess pipe cleaner with scissors. Bend pipe cleaners to create the spiders’ legs. Attach a pom pom to the top of each of the wine corks for the spiders’ heads with a glue gun and glue sticks.
Glue two small wiggle eyes onto each of the pom pom spider heads with the glue gun. Tie two tiny bows from colored Baker’s twine and attach them to the spiders’ necks with a glue gun and glue sticks.
To finish the Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web, either attach the spiders permanently onto the hoop webs with a glue gun and glue sticks or use the pipe cleaner legs to connect the spiders to the lace webs. I like leaving the spiders loose, so I can move them around.
Quick and Easy Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web
This quick and easy pair of Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web crafts go together in just about 30 minutes with limited supplies. Fun to give a set as a gift and keep one for yourself.
Now it’s time for some INSPIRATION!
Below are more Spooky Cute projects created by some of my craftiest designer friends. We are participating in the Team Creative Crafts Last-Minute Halloween Crafts Edition. I hope you enjoyed my Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web. Now scroll down to see all the goodness. Stop back by Saturday for all the super cool projects!
Awesome Halloween Inspiration from Team Creative Crafts
I am totally blown away by the fabulous variety of projects that the team created this month. We told everyone “Last Minute Halloween Anything Goes” and we have not been disappointed! And look at all the GORGEOUS projects!
- Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web by Beth of Creatively Beth
- Clay Witch’s Cauldron Earrings by Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Trick or Treat Bag with Free Cut File by Liz of Liz on Call
- Mermaid Halloween Costume by Natalie of Doodle Craft
- Trick or Treat Sign by Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks
- Cute DIY Jack-O-Lantern by Ginger of Ginger Snap Crafts
- Ghost Earrings with Free SVG File by Teresa of Simply Made Fun
- Jack Skellington Cupcake Toppers by Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Paint Chip Jack-O-Lanterns by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Meow-lloween Shirt by Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Pumpkin Halloween Sign by Laura of Laura’s Crafty Life
- Halloween Bookmarks by Smitha of Smiling Colors
- Glow in the Dark Hoop Wreath by Kimberly of Crafting Cheerfully
- Halloween Printable Bingo Cards by Shani of Sunshine & Munchkins
- Halloween Reverse Canvases by Erica of 5 Little Monsters
- DIY Recycled Pumpkin Crayons by Justine of Little Dove
” style=”height: 100px;” aria-hidden=”true”>
Now it’s Time for a Giveaway!
You know that we would never let you go without a giveaway, so this month we have some Cricut Goodies and a $100 Joann Gift Card! WOOHOO! Enter through the Rafflecopter Code below…
Sharing is Caring! Pin it for Later
Remember, today is day two! So, stop back by Saturday for more creativity. I promise you won’t be disappointed, but rather inspired! And, check out Day One of Team Creative Crafts Last-Minute Halloween Crafts Edition. Too busy to make this right now? Pin it for later! I’d love for you to pin my Recycled Wine Cork Spider and Lace Hoop Web to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and then it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Thanks for stopping by!