I love felt and lace, so my Oh Christmas Tree Pillow is quick to create in just about an hour with no patterns and limited sewing. The Poly-Fil Premier Pillow Form from Fairfield World makes it easy!
Welcome to the Fairfield World Pillow Party 2019!
Our hostesses are Laura of Me and My Inklings and Alexandra of The Hedgehog Hollow two of my craftiest friends AND they have invited 25 designers to create fabulous holiday pillows using the Poly-Fil Premier 20″ Pillow Form from Fairfield World.
This post, Oh Christmas Tree Pillow may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s what you will need to create a Christmas Tree Pillow:
- Poly-Fil Premier 20″ Square Pillow Form from Fairfield World
- Pillow Ticking Fabric, Red – 1 yard
- Kunin™ Classic Felt 9″ by 12″ Craft Cuts – Olive, Kelly Green, Pirate Green (1 each)
- Kunin™ Classic Felt Yardage, Sandstone – 1/2 yard
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Pure Sheen Sequins – Vanilla Delight
- Trims and Lace, Off-White – Assorted styles and sizes
- Metal Ruler – 36″
- Scissors (Fiskars are my favorite!)
- Straight Pins
- Sewing Machine (I love my Singer!)
- Thread, White
- Sewing Needle (for hand sewing)
Here’s how to create a Pillow with Fairfield World:
Fold pillow ticking fabric with right sides together, facing in. Measure, mark, and cut two squares of pillow ticking fabric 24-inches by 24-inches. Measure in 2-inches from each edge and mark off a 20-inch by 20-inch square with a pencil. Make two pencil marks, leaving an 8-inch opening at the bottom center of the fabric to insert the pillow form.
Secure fabric together along the pencil lines with straight pins, and then sew the fabric with a sewing machine, leaving the 8-inch opening at the bottom. Remove straight pins and cut loose threads.
Trim approximately one-inch of excess from each edge of the fabric with scissors. TIP: I don’t do a ton of sewing but I do have a pair of scissors dedicated to all my fabric and sewing projects so that I get a clean fabric cuts.
Turn fabric right side out through the 8-inch opening at the bottom of the fabric.
Insert Poly-Fil Premier 20″ Square Pillow Form into the pillow cover. Now, this Premier Pillow Form is not your Momma’s pillow form because it is soft, squishy and extremely comfortable – not hard and stiff. The 20-inch square is a great size for a decorative pillow but is also perfect for snuggling and napping which are important pillow features!
Secure the opening at the bottom with straight pins inserted horizontally.
Hand stitch the opening closed with tiny stitches using a needle and thread.
Measure and cut a 14-inch by 14-inch square of Kunin™ Classic Felt Sandstone. Attach decorative trim along the edges with Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. Set aside to dry.
Cut out simple Christmas tree shapes from Kunin™ Classic Felt Olive, Kelly, and Pirate Green. One large, using the entire 12-inch length of the craft cuts felt sheet and two slightly smaller with longer trunks. Create a pattern from scrap paper if that is your preference.
Apply assorted decorative trim and lace to each felt Christmas tree shape with Fabri-Tac. Embellish lace and trim with Tonic Studios Nuvo Pure Sheen Sequins. Set aside to dry.
Flip each felt Christmas tree over and trim off excess trim and lace with scissors.
Attach each Christmas tree to the felt square, starting in the center and layering the right and left trees on top, using Fabri-Tac.
Finally, attach the Christmas tree embellishment to the pillow with Fabri-Tac.
I hope that you have enjoyed my Oh Christmas Tree Pillow with Fairfield World and that you will use my project as a jumping-off point to create a fun, quick and easy pillow to decorate your home this holiday season!
Now, here is the FUN part! And keep scrolling for the GIVEAWAY….
Start HERE at Laura’s blog to get all of the details!
Hop around to view all 25 of the fabulous pillows that my talented designer friends created – here are the links!!
- Gnome Pillow by Laura at Laura Kelly Designs
- Hedgehog Pillow by Alexandra at The Hedgehog Hollow
- Pom Pom Snowflake Pillow byt Emily at The Benson Street
- 3 Snowmen and a Bunny Pillow by Cindy DeRosier
- Reindeer Prance Pillow by Lindsey at Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Tree in a Truck Pillow by Katie from The Crafty Blogstalker
- Snowflake on Buffalo Plaid by Cheryl and Maybe That’s What Che Said
- Snowman Pillow by Janet at Try It Like It
- Oh Joy Pillow with Pom Poms by Ginger at GingerSnaps Crafts
- Merry Christmas by Ann Makes
- 25th of December Pillow by Lindsay at See Lindsay
- Joyful Pillow with Pom Poms by Natalie at DoodleCraft Blog
- Plaid Christmas Tree Pillow by Erica at Five Little Monsters
- Harry Potter Christmas Pillows by Julie at The Quiet Grove
- Felt Tree in Truck Pillow by Debra at Quartermain Designs
- Joyeux Noel Pillow by Monica at Sookee Designs
- Oh Come Let Us Adore Him Pillow by Amy at Amy Latta Designs
- Joy on Snowflakes Pillow by Diana at Miss USG Moments
- Polar Bear Pillow by Kimberly at Crafting Cheerfully
- Let It Snow Pillow by Katie at A Sweet Berry Designs
- All Hearts Come Home For Christmas Pillow by Suzie Bentz Designs
- Ornaments Pillow by Morena’s Corner
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe AND Fresh Farm Christmas Trees by Laura at Laura’s Crafty Life
Enter below to win a $100 gift card from Michael’s and 10 Pounds of Poly-Fil from Fairfield World!
Thanks for stopping by!