Y'all know that crafting with the kiddos in my life is one of my most favorite things to do! every year my nieces and nephews get together to create a new ornament to gift to family, friends, teachers, coaches, and neighbors. I discovered bags and bags of these mini tree branch slices on clearance at my local craft store. So, I bought them all up and created Tree Branch Snowman Ornaments with the kids this holiday season.
Quick and Easy Tree Branch Snowman Ornaments
Join me today as the Creative Crafts gals and I create a variety of holiday crafts to create with the kiddos this week before Christmas and with limited supplies. Sure to cure that last-minute gift-giving dilemma this holiday season! This week I am co-hosting Team Creative Crafts KIDS CHRISTMAS Crafts Edition with my crafty friends Laura from Laura Kelly Designs, and Lindsay from Artsy-Fartsy Mama. We are featuring ALL the fabulously colorful and cute craft projects from some of the most talented designers we know. Check out my tutorial, then scroll down to see all the creativity, AND stop back on Saturday to see what everyone has created!
This post, Tree Branch Snowman Ornaments a Christmas Kids Craft, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here's What you need to Create Snowman Ornaments:
- Birch Tree Branch Slices – Mini
- Americana Acrylics from DecoArt – Titanium White, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Lamp Black
- White Cord – Dollar Tree
- Skinny Ribbon, Assorted Patterns, and Plaids – Dollar Tree
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
Here's How to Create Tree Branch Slice Ornaments with the Kids:
Gather all supplies. Paint the center of the Birch tree branch slices with Titanium White Americana acrylic paint. Apply a second coat, if necessary, and then set aside to dry. I love Americana Acrylics because they provide excellent one-coat coverage. You can get a bulk bag of 100 mini branch slices which will make approximately 33 ornaments.
Match up the sets of three Birch tree branch slices with the smallest at the top and the largest at the bottom. Paint a triangle in the center of the smallest branch slices with Jack-O-Lantern Orange Americana acrylic paint, which will be the snowman’s nose. Dip the end of a paintbrush into Lamp Black Americana acrylic paint and dot on the snowman’s eyes, mouth, and buttons.
Tie a piece of skinny patterned ribbon around the neck of each snowman, securing with a knot. Glue ribbon ends down, so they lay flat. I like the gingham ribbons best.
The BEST Creative Crafts to Create with Kids
The BEST Kids Crafts Christmas Ornament Ideas – I love Christmas!
- Quick and Easy Polymer Clay Candy Ornaments for Christmas are a sweet addition to any tree!
- Cinnamon Stick Santa ornaments are similar to ones I used to make with my Gran when I was a kid! (pictured above, left)
- Recycled Wine Cork Angels are a fun and funky ornament to create with the kiddos in 20 minutes! (pictured above, center)
- Paint doubles as frosting for the sweetest Dollar Tree Christmas Cupcake Ornaments A DIY Craft! (pictured above, right)
- Quick and Easy Hand-Painted Glass Ornaments with DecoArt are upcycled from the thrift store! (pictured below, left)
- Disney inspired Mickey and Minnie Ornaments are quick and easy with supplies from Dollar Tree! (pictured below, center)
- DIY Glittery Clothespin Snowflakes a 20 Minute Dollar Tree project are perfect for crafting with the kiddos! (pictured below, right)
Even more Kids Craft Christmas Ornament Ideas – I REALLY love Christmas!
- Personalized Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments are just way too cute to be ugly! (picture above, left)
- Make a Snow Globe Christmas Ornament from a Recycled Jar! (pictured above, center)
- Popping in with the cutest 20 Minute Champagne Cork Snowmen Ornaments! (pictured above, right)
- Cute and colorful Dollar Tree Snowman Votives a 20 Minute Christmas craft. (pictured below, left)
- Red and Green Wooden Spool Christmas Tree Ornaments use up all of the scrap ribbons! (pictured below, center)
- The yummiest Dollar Tree Craft Foam Cookies A Christmas Ornament DIY! (pictured below, right)
Crafting with the Kiddos Tree Branch Snowman Ornaments
Thanks for getting crafty with us and the kiddos! And stay tuned for the next edition of Creative Crafts to see what Laura, Lindsay, and I have up our crafty sleeves. I know I can’t wait.
Sharing is Caring!
Enjoy my Tree Branch Snowman Ornaments a Christmas Kids Craft and create something wonderful and unexpected! Change up the size of the tree branch slices to create a variety of snowman ornaments to share with family and friends. A great craft project for tweens and teens to create on their own or with younger kids. If you do, tag me on social media @CreativelyBeth as I would LOVE to see what you have made!
Thanks for stopping by!