I love reimagining vintage crafts from yesteryear and giving them a new and modern twist. I originally made Recycled Wine Cork Angel ornaments with my Gran in the 1970s with large pearl heads and matching beaded wings. Natural elements like upcycled wine corks, wooden beads, and some simple supplies from the Dollar Tree make this a quick and easy 20-minute ornament to craft with the kiddos this holiday season.
Quick and Easy Recycled Wine Cork Angel Ornament
Join me today as the Creative Crafts gals and I create a variety of Christmas Ornaments in just 20 Minutes and with limited supplies. Sure to cure that last minute gift giving dilemma this holiday season!
This post, Recycled Wine Cork Angel Ornament a 20 Minute Craft, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s What you need to Create a Christmas Angel Ornament:
- Wine Corks (recycled or available in bulk HERE)
- Wooden Beads – Small
- Wired Ribbon, Gold – Dollar Tree
- Skinny Ribbon, Gold – Dollar Tree
- Chenille Stem, Gold Tinsel – Dollar Tree
- Blush – Dollar Tree
- Cotton Swab – Dollar Tree
- Tombow MONO TWIN Permanent Marker
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
Here’s How to Create a Recycled Wine Cork Angel in 20 Minutes:
To begin the Recycled Wine Cork Angel, gather all supplies. Attach the unfinished wooden bead to the top of the wine cork, so that the opening of the bead is positioned as a singing, open mouth. Secure with a glue gun and glue sticks.
Apply rosy cheeks to either side of the wooden bead angel head using pink craft chalk and a pom pom. I have had this Pebbles chalk set forever. If you don’t have craft chalk, you can use a cotton swab and blush from the Dollar Tree.
Tie a ten-inch length of skinny gold ribbon around the angel’s neck and finish with a bow. Trim ribbon ends with scissors to prevent fraying. I always cut the ribbon a bit larger than needed for a smaller project such as the recycled Wine Cork Angel, which makes tieing a bow much easier.
Draw small ovals for eyes with the fine tip of the MONOTWIN Permanent Marker. Position the eyes above the open, singing mouth for realistic facial features. You can also draw two half-circles for closed Angel eyes.
Cut a gold tinsel chenille stem in half with scissors. Wrap stem around your finger to create a circle, leaving a one-inch long straight section, then twist to secure. Bend the straight section of the gold tinsel chenille stem at a 90-degree angle. Attach the angel’s halo to the back of the wooden bead head with a glue gun and glue sticks.
Measure and cut a 12” length of skinny gold ribbon, tie the ends in a knot to create a loop, and then attach to the back of the angel wine cork body with a glue gun and glue sticks. To finish the Recycled Wine Cork Angel, glue the gold wired ribbon wings to the back of the angel body.
The BEST Creative Crafts 20 Minute Christmas Ornaments
Ann of Bella Crafts Publishing loves stamping and even has her own line of stamps and bling! Check out her 20 Minute Shaker Ornament complete with glitter, rhinestones, and beads! Literally ALL THE BLING!
Meg of Makeable Crafts is sharing a quick and easy hand-lettered 20 Minute Christmas Ornament with a special message of JOY! Complete with a festive bow created with her 10 Second Bow Maker. Brilliant!
The BEST 20 Minute Christmas Ornament Ideas – I love Christmas!
- Quick and Easy Polymer Clay Candy Ornaments for Christmas are a sweet addition to any tree! (pictured above, left)
- 20 Minute Scrap Paper Christmas Ornaments are easy with a paper trimmer and the right glue! (pictured above, center)
- Paint doubles as frosting for the sweetest Dollar Tree Christmas Cupcake Ornaments A DIY Craft! (pictured above, right)
- Quick and Easy Hand-Painted Glass Ornaments with DecoArt are upcycled from the thrift store! (pictured below, left)
- Disney inspired Mickey and Minnie Ornaments are quick and easy with supplies from Dollar Tree! (pictured below, center)
- DIY Glittery Clothespin Snowflakes a 20 Minute Dollar Tree project are perfect for crafting with the kiddos! (pictured below, right)
Even more 20 Minute Christmas Ornament Ideas – I REALLY love Christmas!
- Personalized Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments are just way too cute to be ugly! (picture above, left)
- Make a Snow Globe Christmas Ornament from a Recycled Jar! (pictured above, center)
- Popping in with the cutest 20 Minute Champagne Cork Snowmen Ornaments! (pictured above, right)
- Cute and colorful Dollar Tree Snowman Votives a 20 Minute Christmas craft. (pictured below, left)
- Red and Green Wooden Spool Christmas Tree Ornaments use up all of the scrap ribbons! (pictured below, center)
- The yummiest Dollar Tree Craft Foam Cookies A Christmas Ornament DIY! (pictured below, right)
Recycled Wine Cork Angel Ornament Created in 20 Minutes
Thanks for getting crafty with us in just 20 minutes! And stay tuned for the next edition of Creative Crafts to see what Laura, Meg, Ann, and I have up our crafty sleeves. I know I can’t wait.
Sharing is caring!
Enjoy my Recycled Wine Cork Angel Ornament and create something wonderful and unexpected in just 20 Minutes! If you do, tag me on social media @CreativelyBeth as I would LOVE to see what you have made!
Thanks for stopping by!