No Sew Faux Cross Stitched Valentine’s Gift Bags!
I love it when I can craft from my stash, with no need to run out and buy supplies. Don't you? These No-Sew Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags are perfect for sweet treats and special goodies. The gingham fabric does all the work for you with a built-in grid. Take some time and create something special for the ones you love this Valentine's Day.
How to Create Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags
This post, No-Sew Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here's what you need to make No-Sew Valentine Gift Bags:
- Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
- Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint in True Red and Black
- Gingham Fabric – I love this assortment
- Ribbon – Skinny Red and Black
- Buttons – Large Red and Black
- Pinking Shears – I love my Fiskars
- Scraps of Paper
- Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Small Gifts
- Valentine's Day Candy
Here's how to create Faux Cross Stitch with Gingham Fabric:
To begin Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags, gather all materials. Measure and cut rectangles of gingham fabric with pinking shears. I wanted my heart to be located in the center, so I created rectangles that are 11 squares wide by 36 squares long. The dimensions carry through no matter what size gingham fabric you are using. To create custom designs use graph paper to chart the pattern. Pinking shears create a zig-zag cut pattern that prevents the fabric from fraying and provides a decorative edge.
Run a line of Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue down the long edges, fold the gingham fabric in half and then tap the seams gently to adhere. Working on top of a non-stick craft sheet will prevent gingham fabric from sticking to your work surface. Set aside to dry.
Once dry, insert a small piece of paper inside the gingham fabric bag. Starting with the bottom center square, draw X's in the squares with Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint to create a heart pattern. True Red on black gingham and Black on red gingham for a fun contrast. Use the photo below as a guide. Set aside to dry.
With the Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint in True Red and Black create dashed lines along both edges of each gingham fabric bag to look like stitches. Draw X's and O's across the top of the heart to finish. Set all three gingham bags aside to dry.
Fill the Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags with your favorite goodies, sweets, and small treats. I like to place candy in a plastic zipper bag first to retain freshness. Measure and cut a 20″ length of skinny ribbon. Thread ribbon through the holes of a jumbo button, gather the top of the gingham fabric bag, and then tie the ribbon in a bow for a bit of whimsy!
Quick and Easy Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags
I hope you will use my No-Sew Faux Cross Stitched Valentine's Gift Bags as a jumping-off point to create something for the ones you love this happy heart day season! Gingham comes in so many colors and sizes that you can make personalized gift bags for everyone you love. Create your own designs using graph paper and using cross stitch patterns as inspiration.
More 15 Minute Valentine's Day Crafts
A few of my designer friends are sharing fun and quick Valentine’s craft ideas. Angie from The Country Chic Cottage, and Jen Goode from 100 Directions. Check out all the fun featured projects designed by my creative blogger friends below. Take a look at these Quick Valentine’s Day Crafts.
- Valentine's Day Coloring Page from Jen of 100 Directions
- Conversation Candy Heart Banner a Valentine’s Day DIY – created by me and pictured below
- Easy Valentine's Day Crafts from Angie of The Country Chic Cottage
- DIY Valentine’s for Teenagers from Jennifer of Jennifer Gallacher Designs
- Love You To Pieces DIY Valentine Card from Kelly of Simply Kelly Designs
- Felt Fortune Cookies a 15 Minute DIY – created by me
- XO Valentine Mug from Amy of One Artsy Mama and Amy Latta Creations
- Easy Valentine Sign from Laura of Me and My Inklings
- 15 Minute Crocheted Pillow DIY from Ann of Duct Tape and Denim
- Love is in the Air Coloring Page Free Valentine Printable – created by me and pictured below
- Conversation Candy Heart Wreath from Vanessa of the Tried and True Blog
- Hugs and Kisses Kitchen Towels – created by me and pictured below
Sharing is caring! Save this pin for later…
Thanks for stopping by!
9 thoughts on “No Sew Faux Cross Stitched Valentine’s Gift Bags!”
Great idea Beth! Thanks for joining!
Such a fun play on cross stitch!
Oh my gosh! These are adorable Beth! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I love leaving little surprises for friends and neighbors and this is perfect. Pinned!
Yes, Denise! Perfect for a porch drop off! <3
oh how pretty love how it would go so well with my cottage look and best of all no sewing thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Super quick and easy, too Angie!
Very clever! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ’s.
Thanks a bunch, Ann! They were super easy too!!