I am excited to be participating with a group of talented designers to bring you 21 Totally Free Printables with a Valentine’s Day theme. My Love is in the Air Coloring Page is perfect to print out for the kiddos to color, but can also be colored by adults and framed for some sweet home decor.
Free Printable Love is in the Air Coloring Page
This post, Love is in the Air Coloring Page Free Valentine Printable contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
The Thumbnail Sketch
Getting ideas out of my head and onto the page starts with a thumbnail sketch. I love using Strathmore Spiral Bound Sketch Books and my favorite pen of all time, the MONOTWIN Permanent Marker from Tombow. Below is my rough (really rough) sketch for the Love is in the Air Coloring Page.
The Pencil Sketch
Next, I grab my MONO Drawing Pencil 4H which has harder grade graphite that gives me a light but sharp stroke on my preliminary pencil sketch. I like to use super-smooth printer paper for this step. This is where I add, erase, and change things up until I get all the elements exactly where I want them. My eraser of choice is the Tombow MONO Zero Eraser for its small shape for detailed erasing. I prefer to do my hand-lettering on a separate piece of paper with Tombow Dual Brush Pen N52 which is a medium cool gray. Then add the lettering into my design where it fits best.
Inking in the Sketch
Inking in the design is next and I can’t live without my Cricut BrightPad for this step! A small light box originally designed for weeding vinyl designs, the BrightPad is about the size of a tablet and portable enough to take anywhere. Layering my pencil sketch underneath and inking in on super smooth plain white printer paper allows for an accurate final design without the need for erasing any pencil marks.
The Finished Printable
Here is the finished Love is in the Air Coloring Page. The MONO Drawing Pens are the perfect tool for inking in my design because of their smooth distribution of ink. I love the way these pens glide over paper providing a gorgeous solid line. The MONO Drawing Pens come in six widths from the thinnest at .01 through the thickest at .08 allowing for a variation in line width. Once I am pleased with the design the final step is to scan it into my computer and share it with the world!
Love is in the Air Coloring Page a FREE Printable
Some things you should know before downloading:
- Creatively Beth printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY (okay for home, school & libraries).
- You may NOT modify, sell, redistribute, or claim the design as your own.
- If you’d like to share this project, you may use ONE photo, and credit must be given to Creatively Beth and linked back to this post.
As always, I would love to see your creations! Share on Instagram, Facebook, or leave a comment and photo on the project pin on Pinterest!
Plus 20 FREE Printables to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
I am excited to be partnering up with some of my super talented designer friends to offer you 20 additional Free printables to celebrate Valentine’s Day. From bingo to cards to games and coloring pages I cannot wait to download them ALL. Just click on the links below to download each one!
- Space Valentines – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Puppy Love Activity Sheet – Hello Creative Family
- Valentine Eye Spy – Happiness is Homemade
- Valentine Matching Game – Crafting in the Rain
- Pug Printable Valentines – The Country Chic Cottage
- Valentines Day Cards – Everyday Party Magazine
- Video Game Valentine Cards – Happy Go Lucky
- Floral Heart Coloring Page – 100 Directions
- Animal Pun Valentines – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- You Are Spectacular – seeLINDSAY
- Printable Heart Envelopes – 30 Minute Crafts
- Valentine Word Scramble – That’s What Che Said
- Valentine Bingo – Mad In Crafts
- We Belong Together Cards – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Valentine Word Search – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Valentine Scavenger Hunt – Fun For Little Ones
- Valentines Banner – Liz On Call
- Wild About You Cards – Persia Lou
- Valentines Coloring Page – Printable Crush
- Love Is In The Air – Creatively Beth
- Succulent Valentine Card – Tried and True
I hope that you have a wonderful time using these printables! If you use any, we’d love to see them! Please share your projects on Instagram, and use the hashtag #TotallyFreePrintables.
I have a ton of Valentine’s Day projects on my site, so here are a few you might like. Hand-drawn Kawaii Inspired Valentine Cards to print and color. Fortune Cookie Valentines Stuffed with Poly-Fil® complete with FREE patterns. Hand Lettered Valentine Banner with FREE Printable Mandala Heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for stopping by!