Create a set of Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments with Free Patterns to decorate your tree this Christmas. I just had the opportunity to spend a week at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I rode the rides, drank all the frozen Butterbeer, and took photos of my Harry Potter crafts in the parks!
Free Templates for Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments
This post, Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here's what you need to make Magical Patronus Ornaments:
- Kunin™ Premium Felt® Crafts Cuts – White
- SpraynBond Basting Adhesive Fabric Spray by Therm-O-Web
- Glitter Glue, Iridescent – Dollar Tree
- Elastic Cording, Iridescent – Dollar Tree
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
- HARRY POTTER PATRONUS ORNAMENT PATTERNS – download at the bottom of this post ⇓
Here's how to create a Set of Felt Patronus Ornaments:
To begin the Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments, gather all supplies. Download and print the Harry Potter Patronus Ornament Patterns at the bottom of this post ⇓
In a well-ventilated area, lightly spray the back of the pattern sheet with SpraynBond Basting Adhesive. Apply the adhesive side of the paper to the Kunin Premium White Felt. This Basting Adhesive Spray is a game-changer when it comes to cutting out detail patterns from any fabric base, but I especially love it for felt. It makes a quick and easy job of cutting out intricate shapes accurately.
Using sharp detail scissors, cut out the Patronus patterns from the Kunin Premium White Felt. The Basting Adhesive keeps the pattern on the felt through the detailed cutting process, then releases easily, leaving no sticky residue on the felt. A total win-win for all my felt crafting!
Measure and cut eight-inch lengths of iridescent elastic cording. Attach to the top, back, and center of each Patronus Ornament with a glue gun and glue sticks.
To finish the Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments, apply iridescent glitter glue to the front of each felt shape, and then spread over the entire surface with your finger. Set aside to dry.
Download the Free Patronus Ornament Patterns Here
Quick and Easy Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments
This quick and easy set of Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates go together in just about 30 minutes with limited supplies. The hardest part is the cutting! Fun to give a set as a gift and keep one for yourself.
The Harry Potter Patronus Charms
The Patronus is the most famous (and famously difficult) defensive charm. The aim is to produce a silvery-white guardian or protector, which takes the form of an animal. The exact form of the Patronus will not be apparent until the spell has been successfully cast. One of the most powerful defensive charms known in the wizarding world, the Patronus can also be used as a messenger between wizards. As a pure, protective magical concentration of happiness and hope (the recollection of a single talisman memory is essential in its creation), it is the only spell effective against Dementors. The majority of witches and wizards are unable to produce their Patronus and to do so is generally considered a mark of superior magical ability.
More Harry Potter Christmas Inspiration!
Let's get started on my Harry Potter Golden Snitch Christmas Ornament. Y'all know that I LOVE to visit the Wizarding World in Orlando every few months. I wander, explore, find all the hidden treasures, and try all the yummy food.
Additional Harry Potter Crafts for Christmas
- Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates by Beth of Creatively Beth – YOU ARE HERE!
- Magical Harry Potter Wand Ornament by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Free Printable Happy Christmas Cards by Liz of Liz on Call
- Harry Potter Stocking Treat Boxes by Kimberly of Crafting Cheerfully
- Ornaments Inspired by Harry Potter by Ginger of Ginger Snap Crafts
- Hogsmeade for the Holidays SVG by Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Ornament by Teresa of Simply Made Fun
- Harry Potter Hand Painted Ornaments by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Christmas Cheer & Butterbeer SVG by Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Hogwarts House Ornaments by Laura of Laura's Crafty Life
- Harry Potter Free Printable Tags by Smitha of Smiling Colors
- Hogsmeade Christmas Tree Farm SVG by Shani of Sunshine & Munchkins
- Weasley Christmas Sweater Ornaments by Erica of 5 Little Monsters
- Harry Potter Hedwig the Owl Ornament by Justine of Little Dove
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Ornaments by Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks
Harry Potter Christmas Crafts and Free Printables
I have gathered up 51+ Best Harry Potter Christmas Crafts and FREE Printables PLUS SO MANY MORE IDEAS to share with you, all in one place. From trimming the tree, to wreaths, to gifts to make and give; this round-up has you covered!
Sharing is Caring! Pin it for Later
Are you too busy to make these Harry Potter Patronus Christmas Ornaments right now? Pin it for later! I’d love for you to pin my Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and then it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Thanks for stopping by!