Each year for Thanksgiving my Niece, Nephew, and I make gifts for everyone. They are ALWAYS Turkey themed and usually quick and easy to make. This year we made cute DIY Felt Turkey Votive holders for everyone to brighten and lighten up the table. You can put one of these together in less than one hour!
A Thanksgiving DIY Felt Turkey Votive
This post, DIY Felt Turkey Votive contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s what you need to create Thanksgiving Votive Place Cards:
- Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classic Felt™ 9″ by 12″ Craft Cuts – Walnut Brown (1); Golden Rod (1); Orange (1); Ruby (1); Olive (1); Kelly Green (1); Gold (1)
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine
- Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die – Tattered Leaves
- Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
- Ball Canning Quilted Jelly Jar – 8 oz.
- Plain White Paper
- White Buttons (2)
- Black Half Pearls (2)
- Orange Gingham Ribbon (6”)
- Scissors – Fiskars are my favorite!
Here’s how to create DIY Felt Turkey Votive for Thanksgiving Decor:
On a piece of plain paper draw a half circle for the Turkey tail, a large number 8 for the Turkey body, a small triangle for the Turkey beak and an upside-down letter “L” with a squiggle for Turkey waddle. Cut out to create patterns. Trace and cut one Turkey tail and body from Walnut Brown felt, one Turkey beak from Golden Rod felt, and one Turkey waddle from Ruby felt.
Die-cut two sets of leaves from each color of felt. Attach leaves in a random pattern around Turkey tail with Tacky Glue, let dry. Continue attaching leaves until you are pleased with the fullness and color saturation.
Attach waddle, beak, buttons, pearls, and bow to Turkey body, let dry. Adhere Turkey’s body and tail to Mason Jar with liquid glue and then let dry.
The final step is to insert a battery-operated votive and enjoy it!
Create DIY Felt Turkey Votive holders in 30 Minutes
I hope you will use my DIY Felt Turkey Votive as a jumping-off point to showcase your Kunin Creativity to create a fun holiday decoration! A quick and easy craft to create in an afternoon with the kiddos to keep those Holiday Traditions ALIVE! Felt is an easy, versatile, and forgiving medium that allows you to create affordable but trendy projects whether you are a beginner or an expert crafter!
The BEST Thanksgiving Cricut Crafts and Recipes
- Thankful Sign with Cricut by Stephanie with Crafting in the Rain
- Gather Tray with Free SVG File by Charynn with Pineapple Paper Company
- Thanksgiving Table Decorations by Candice with She’s Crafty
- Needle Felted Acorns by Lynn with Nourish and Nestle
- DIY Velvet Acorns by Rachel with Rachel Teodoro
- Free Printable Give Thanks Banner by Bettijo with Paging Supermom
- Give Thanks Tree Kids Craft by Julie with Julie Measures
- Thanksgiving Table Decorating Ideas by Seng with Sengerson
- Free Thanksgiving Printables by Morena with Morena’s Corner
- Yummy Pumpkin Cake by Shani with Sunshine and Munchkins
- Make-Ahead Sweet Potato Casserole by Jason and Melanie with It Happens in a Blink
- Printable Thanksgiving Leftover Labels by Carla with Carla Schauer Designs
- 21 Thanksgiving Activities for Kids by Bennett with Sorella Vibes
Thanksgiving and Autumn Home Decor and Kids Crafts
I love crafting for the holidays, so check out my Falling Leaves Autumn Wreath a Home Decor Tutorial or fun and colorful 3D Watercolor Pumpkin Place Cards for Thanksgiving created with Tombow Dual Brush Pens!
Thanks for stopping by!