Y’all know that I am all about quick and easy crafting. Plus I love using traditional craft items in unique ways. My 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornament covers both of these, which makes me ridiculously HAPPY! I am excited to be sharing today as part of the Team Creative Crafts Last Minute Christmas Crafts Edition, so stop back by on Saturday to see all of the creative inspiration!
Use Glasslets to Create a 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornament
This week I am co-hosting Team Creative Crafts Last Minute Christmas Crafts Edition with my crafty friends Laura from Laura Kelly Designs, and Lindsay from Artsy-Fartsy Mama. We are featuring ALL the fabulously festive and cute craft projects from some of the most talented designers we know. Check out my tutorial, then scroll down to see all the creativity, AND stop back on Saturday to see what everyone has created!
This post, 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornament with Glasslets, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.</
Here’s what you need to make a Dollar Tree Snow Globe Ornament:
- Poly-Fil Glasslets from Fairfield – 100% Glass Micro Beads
- Snow Globe Ornament – Dollar Tree
- Miniature Village People Sets – Dollar Tree
- Wine Cork – Recycled
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Craft Knife and Self Healing Mat
- Ribbon – Assorted
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
Here’s how to create a 5 Minute Dollar Tree Snow Globe:
To begin the 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornament, gather all supplies. Small four-pound bags of Poly-Fil Glasslets from Fairfield are available at your local Joann Craft Store. I am lucky to have four Dollar Tree stores in my area and I love exploring all of them, as they always carry a different selection.
Roughly measure the depth of the lid of the snow globe ornament and then cut the recycled wine cork using a craft knife on a self-healing mat.
Attach the miniature village people, trees, etc. to the wine cork halves with a glue gun and glue sticks. Secure the people on corks inside the lid of the snow globe ornament. The lid is also the base of the ornament. You can use liquid craft glue, you just have to wait for the glue to dry, and y’all know that I am an impatient crafter.
Using the easy pour spout, fill the plastic dome of the snow globe ornament with several inches of Poly-Fil Glasslets. Screw the lid back on and flip the ornament right side up to reveal the snow globe.
To finish the 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornament, attach fancy trim around the base of the lid with a glue gun and glue sticks. Tie on a ribbon to the hanger portion of the ornament, and finish with a bow.
Quick and Easy Dollar Tree Snow Globe Ornaments
This quick and easy set of 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornaments with Poly-Fil Glasslets from Fairfield goes together in just about 5 minutes with limited supplies from Dollar Tree. The hardest part is picking out the people to put inside! Fun to give a set as a gift and keep one for yourself.
Poly-Fil Glasslets from Fairfield
Poly-fil® Glasslets from Fairfield are perfect for weighted blankets and sensory items. The small 100% glass microbeads are about the size of a grain of sand. Their rounded shape creates a uniform, smooth and slippery texture. They are ideal for weighted cross-fit, yoga, and therapy items, as well as corn hole or bean bags. The density of the glass beads provides the same weight in less space, a smoother, flatter feel, and more fluid movement than traditional Polly-Pellets. Use them as craft material for dolls and stuffed animals or as an art medium for home décor and frosted items. They are quiet, smooth, dense, hypo-allergenic, non-toxic, and washable.
Now it’s time for some INSPIRATION!
Below are more magical projects created by some of my craftiest designer friends. We are participating in the Team Creative Crafts Harry Potter Christmas Crafts Edition. I hope you enjoyed my Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates. Now scroll down to see all the goodness. Stop back by Saturday for all the super cool projects!
Awesome Harry Potter Inspiration from Team Creative Crafts
I am totally blown away by the fabulous variety of projects that the team created this month. We told everyone “Harry Potter Christmas Anything Goes” and we have not been disappointed! And look at all the GORGEOUS projects!
- 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornaments by Beth of Creatively Beth
- Hot Cocoa Mug with Printable Tag by Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Free Print and Cut Christmas Stickers by Liz of Liz on Call
- Pass Along Holiday Treat Plate Gift Idea by Ginger of Ginger Snap Crafts
- Quick and Easy Monogram Stocking by Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Merry Bookmas Gift Tag by Teresa of Simply Made Fun
- Polymer Clay Elf Hat Ornament by Heather of Homemade Heather
- Tiny Wooden Rainbow Houses by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Candy Cane Wreath for the Holidays by Laura of Laura’s Crafty Life
- Colorful Holiday Gift Card Holders by Smitha of Smiling Colors
- DIY Clay Christmas Ornaments by Kimberly of Crafting Cheerfully
- Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar with Free Printable Tag by Shani of Sunshine & Munchkins
- Folded Paper Christmas Ornaments by Erica of 5 Little Monsters
- Festive Dried Orange Slice Garland by Justine of Little Dove
- Alcohol Ink Christmas Ornaments by Kelsey of Poofy Cheeks
Now it’s Time for a Giveaway!
You know that we would never let you go without a giveaway, so this month we have a FABULOUS Prize Pack from SCULPEY!! WOOHOO! Enter through the Rafflecopter Code below…a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sharing is Caring! Pin it for Later
Too busy to make these 5 Minute Snow Globe Ornaments right now? Pin it for later! I’d love for you to pin my Harry Potter Patronus Ornaments to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and then it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Thanks for stopping by!