Recycling and upcycling common items that people would normally throw in the trash has been my jam since I was a kid. This week I am co-hosting Team Creative Crafts – Recycled Crafts Edition with my crafty friends Laura from Laura Kelly Designs and Ann from Bella Crafts Publishing. Featuring FUN recycled craft projects from some of the most talented designers we know. I have gathered up 51 of the Best Recycled Crafts from this week (and beyond) to share with you today, all in one place. Make sure you scroll to the end for a FABULOUS SURPRISE!
The Best Recycled and Upcycled Crafts
This post, 51 of the Best Recycled Crafts, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Each day of the Creative Crafts Recycled Edition can be found on my blog, but I thought it would be easier to bring everything together in one round-up style post, 51 of the Best Recycled Crafts. So, here they are…
The Greatest Home Decor Recycled Crafts
- Creatively Beth shares an Upcycled Rainbow Scrap Wreath that is bound to make all your guests smile.
- Katie Berry from A Sweet Berry Designs upcycled an old worn sign into a Bright & Cherry Welcome Sign.
- Beth from Creatively Beth made an adorable Flip Flop Freedom Sign with things found at the Dollar Store!
- Kimberly at Crafting Cheerfully created a Bright & Colorful Recycled Cap Wind Chime that would look great in any yard.
- Kimberly from Crafting Cheerfully shows how easy it is to Recycle T-Shirts to Create Wall Art.
- Do you have any old road maps around? Beth at Creatively Beth created 3 clever Recycled Maps projects that would also make great ideas for gift giving!
- A Bright & Cheery Recycled Hanging Scroll Art Frame was created by Natalie at Doodlecraft, you will want to try this!
- Need a NEW Planter? Vanessa with Tried & True recycles a glass bottle to create a Self Watering Planter.
- Liz over at Liz on Call creates Planters for Succulents from Soda Bottles.
- Smitha from Smiling Colors recycles magazines to create Wall Art, a great way to make a statement!
And even MORE Recycled and Upcycled Crafts…
- Paper Flowers Made Easy is what Ann Butler shared the other day, if you missed it, check them out, they are so fun to make and use.
- Debra Quatermain Up-cycles Placemats into Pillows which is genius!
- Natalie over at Doodle Craft shares an Up-Cycled Jean Jacket with Patches for Earth Day.
- Lindsay over at Artsy-Fartsy Mama shares a great No-Sew Denim Doy Toy great for the puppies and older dogs.
- Do you have an old Graduation Gown hanging in your closet? Jane Clauss shares how to turn it into Dorm Decor.
- Homemade Heather shares how to take your scraps of fabric and sew a Mickey Mouse Inspired Plush Stuffie for a little one in your life.
- Laura from Me and My Inklings shares how to create a Recycled Burlap Bag Friendship Bouquet that is simply wonderful.
- I create a Vintage Linen Pin Cushion with one of my grandmother’s embroidered linens that had seen better days.
- Laura from Me and My Inklings recycles a kid’s t-shirt into a cute
Recycled Summer Projects that WOW!
- Egg Carton Flowers is a great project for the kids and Bianca over at Creativities Galore shares how easy it is!
- Lindsay from Artsy-Fartsy Mama has made Recycled Shrink Charms, you are going to want to make these!
- Learn how to create an adorable Art Apron from Recycled Jeans with Erica from 5 Little Monsters.
- Elise over at Polka Dotted Blue Jay Up-cycles a Diaper Cream Jar into a Crayon Holder for kids.
- Jenny from Jenny’s Crayon Collection creates Upcycled Art Supply Storage for kids crafty items!
- Ginger Snap Crafts shares how to make an I Spy Bottle that the kids will love to play with.
- Upcycling finds from the Dollar Tree is one of my favorite things, so I created a Flip Flop Freedom Sign (pictured above)
- First up is Laura from Me and My Inklings with a Recycled Burlap Bag Friendship Bouquet the perfect “I’m thinking of you” gift
- Natalie with Doodlecraft created a stunning Recycled Hanging Scroll Art Frame I’m trying this project this weekend!
- Can’t travel this Summer? I created three projects with Recycled Maps that would make great gifts for family and friends.
- Kimberly over at Crafting Cheerfully created a Recycled Cap Wind Chime So bright and colorful!
- Toilet Paper Tubes get Recycled to create a fun Frog Game that will keep the kiddos busy all Summer!
- Beth with The Ruffled Daisy created the sweetest Recycled Wine Bottle Unicorn to make you smile!
The BEST Recycled Kids Crafts
- Erica who blogs over at 5 Little Monsters recycles Cardboard Tubes to Make a Desk Organizer, everyone could use one of these.
- Laura with Laura’s Crafty Life creates a Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly with a bit of sparkle.
- Laura over at Me and My Inklings created Hand Painted Rainsticks from Paper Towel Tubes in bright rainbow colors,
- Let’s talk Games…recycle your toilet paper tubes with this Frog Game from Creatively Beth.
- Beth over at Creatively Beth shares step by step how to create Bright Colorful Mini Journals from recycled cereal boxes!
- Laura from Me and My Inklings has upcycled a kid’s tee-shirt into a Pillow for Father’s Day which is SUPER CUTE! (pictured above)
- Pillow for Father’s Day.
- My Recycled Denim Pocket Purses, are oh so quick and easy to create from worn-out jeans…once you start you will not stop!
- Laura from Me and My Inklings created a wonderful scrap fabric and Denim Girl Scout Sit-upon which is Da-Bomb!.
- Lindsay with Artsy-Fartsy Mama has made Recycled Shrink Charms Check out what she used to make this craft – GENIUS!
- Laura with Me and My Inklings has created a fabulous scrap fabric and Denim Girl Scout Sit-upon for Summer! With lots of extra padding!
- Ann with Ann Butler Designs created super cute Denim Pocket Purses recycled from jeans! Perfect for grand little girls (and big ones too!)
- Erica from 5 Little Monsters created an adorable Art Apron from Recycled Jeans! This project has been added to my list, so CUTE!
- Laura with Laura’s Crafty Life has made a simple but very elegant (and sparkly) Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly
- Jenny from Jenny’s Crayon Collection Upcycled Art Supply Storage she already had in her studio
Amazing Upcycled and Recycled Projects
- Jane Clauss shares how to Recycle Glass Jars in a way that is perfect for Home Decor.
- Laura from Me and My Inklings makes a Sewing Kit from a Mason Jar which is simply adorable! I need one of these!
- Take mismatched cups and saucers to create a Floating Tea Cup Centerpiece, Jane Clauss will show you how.
- Create a Mason Jar Pin Cushion quickly and easily, I’ll show you how.
- Dru blogs with her daughters over at Polka Dot Poplars and shares how to recycle Bottles into Vintage Vases that are Simply Stunning!
- Katie with A Sweet Berry Designs recycles an icing container to create A Gratitude Jar with gold hand-lettering…simply Awesome!
- Michelle with Michelle’s Party Plan-it created fun Magnets from Recycled Straws – this one BLEW my mind! Definitely making this project with the kiddos (pictured above)
- Experimenting with quirky and unique ways to give a gift card, I upcycled pennies to create the Easiest Recycled Penny Gift Box with supplies in my stash.
- Kathy with Crafty Chica created Magnets from Bottle Caps. So Colorful and FUN, these are mini works of art!
- A.V. upcycles all the things over at AV Does What? and she used Bubble Wrap to Print a Tote Bag. Awesome! I just LOVE all that texture.
- I’ve been hoarding ALL the cardboard to create Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks And I think they turned out so chic!
- Laura with Me and My Inklings created a Sewing Kit from a Mason Jar – so clever and a great gift, too!
- Katie with A Sweet Berry Designs made a Gratitude Jar from a Recycled Icing Container and the gold hand-lettering she added is fabulous!
- Dru blogs with her daughters at Polka Dot Poplars and created gorgeous Upcycled Bottle Vases WOW! These look they came from a store!
Join Team Creative Crafts for a Craft-A-Thon!
Do you LOVE to craft as much as we do? Then please join us for the Team Creative Crafts Craft-A-Thon, a virtual event live streaming on Facebook with 5+ hours of crafty happiness and inspiration. There will be over 10 projects to make using a variety of mediums, supplies, tools, and techniques. The Creative Crafts girls (Me, Laura Kelly from Laura Kelly Designs, and Ann Butler from Bella Crafts Publishing) and we will be joined by Katie Berry from A Sweet Berry Designs to teach you all kinds of new fun ways to get creative. Read ALL the details HERE!
Now it’s time for the FUN STUFF – a GIVEAWAY!
You know that we would never let you go without a giveaway, so this month we have a 10 lb. Box of Poly-Fil® AND a $100 Joann gift card courtesy of Fairfield World™. Enter through the Rafflecopter Code below…a Rafflecopter giveaway
51 of the Best Recycled Crafts!
Thanks for crafting with us! And stay tuned for the next edition of Team Creative Crafts to see what Laura, Ann, and I have up our crafty sleeves. I know I can’t wait.
I hope you have enjoyed 51 of the Best Recycled Crafts and you will be inspired to dig through your recycle bin and create something wonderful and unexpected soon! If you do, tag me on social media @CreativelyBeth as I would LOVE to see what you have made!
Thanks for stopping by!