Recycling and upcycling common items that people would normally throw in the trash has been my jam since I was a kid. So, this week of Creative Crafts Recycled Edition with Laura from Me and My Inklings and Meg from @MakeableCrafts has been SO MUCH FUN! I have gathered up 31 of the Best Recycled Crafts from this week (and beyond) to share with you today, all in one place. Make sure you scroll to the end for a FABULOUS SURPRISE!
The Best Recycled and Upcycled Crafts
This post, 31 of the Best Recycled Crafts, contains affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I will earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
Each day of the Creative Crafts Recycled Edition can be found on my blog, but I thought it would be easier to bring everything together in one round-up style post. Because we also had eighteen of our talented designer friends join us with their inspirational projects. It was like opening a present each day seeing what all of my craftiest friends created from recycled materials. So, here they are…
THE GREATEST HOME DECOR UPCYCLES
- Meg with Makeable Crafts created a Mini Mason Jar Craft (pictured above) that is perfect for organizing all the things.
- Vanessa with the Tried & True blog recycled a glass bottle to create a Self Watering Planter. Brilliant!
- Meg with Makeable Crafts created a gorgeous Cardboard Box Craft She always has the best storage ideas!
- Liz blogs over at Liz on Call and she created Planters from Soda Bottles So chic!
- Meg at Makeable Crafts has created the cutest Pedestal from Recycled Mardi Gras Beads – BRILLIANT!
- Smitha blogs over at Smiling Colors and has created Decorative Letters from Recycled Magazines very upscale!
- Meg with Makeable Crafts made an awesome DIY Recycled Cake Stand with mismatched items found at the thrift store.
- Chelly with We Can Make That upcycled a Vintage Picture Frame for Summer which is gorgeous!
RECYCLED SUMMER PROJECTS THAT WOW!
- Upcycling finds from the Dollar Tree is one of my favorite things, so I created a Flip Flop Freedom Sign (pictured above)
- First up is Laura from Me and My Inklings with a Recycled Burlap Bag Friendship Bouquet the perfect “I’m thinking of you” gift
- Natalie with Doodlecraft created a stunning Recycled Hanging Scroll Art Frame I’m trying this project this weekend!
- Can’t travel this Summer? I created three projects with Recycled Maps that would make great gifts for family and friends.
- Kimberly over at Crafting Cheerfully created a Recycled Cap Wind Chime So bright and colorful!
- Toilet Paper Tubes get Recycled to create a fun Frog Game that will keep the kiddos busy all Summer!
- Lori from Forty 11 Designs created some super cute Recycled Journals that would make a great gift.
- Beth with The Ruffled Daisy created the sweetest Recycled Wine Bottle Unicorn to make you smile!
THE BEST RECYCLED KIDS CRAFTS
- Laura from Me and My Inklings has upcycled a kid’s tee-shirt into a Pillow for Father’s Day which is SUPER CUTE! (pictured above)
- Lindsay with Artsy-Fartsy Mama made Recycled Shrink Charms Check out what she used to make this craft – GENIUS!
- Laura with Me and My Inklings has created a fabulous scrap fabric and Denim Girl Scout Sit-upon for Summer! With lots of extra padding!
- Ann with Ann Butler Designs created super cute Denim Pocket Purses recycled from jeans! Perfect for grand little girls (and big ones too!)
- Erica from 5 Little Monsters created an adorable Art Apron from Recycled Jeans! This project has been added to my list, so CUTE!
- Laura with Laura’s Crafty Life has made a simple but very elegant (and sparkly) Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly
- Jenny from Jenny’s Crayon Collection Upcycled Art Supply Storage she already had in her studio
AMAZING UPCYCLES – YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE MADE FROM
- Michelle with Michelle’s Party Plan-it created fun Magnets from Recycled Straws – this one BLEW my mind! Definitely making this project with the kiddos (pictured above)
- Experimenting with quirky and unique ways to give a gift card, I upcycled pennies to create the Easiest Recycled Penny Gift Box with supplies in my stash.
- Kathy with Crafty Chica created Magnets from Bottle Caps. So Colorful and FUN, these are mini works of art!
- A.V. upcycles all the things over at AV Does What? and she used Bubble Wrap to Print a Tote Bag. Awesome! I just LOVE all that texture.
- I’ve been hoarding ALL the cardboard to create Recycled Cereal Box Notebooks And I think they turned out so chic!
- Laura with Me and My Inklings created a Sewing Kit from a Mason Jar – so clever and a great gift, too!
- Katie with A sweet Berry Designs made a Gratitude Jar from a Recycled Icing Container and the gold hand-lettering she added is fabulous!
- Dru blogs with her daughters at Polka Dot Poplars and created gorgeous Upcycled Bottle Vases WOW! These look they came from a store!
Now it’s time for the FUN STUFF! A GIVEAWAY!
We couldn’t let you go without some extra fun in the form of a GIVEAWAY! Enter below to win a $100 Gift Card from Michael’s and a 5 Pound Box of Poly-Fil from one of my favorite companies, Fairfield World! It was also Laura’s Birthday this week, so head over to her Instagram @LauraKellyDesigns and wish her some happiness!Here is the code. a Rafflecopter giveaway
31 of the Best Recycled Crafts!
Thanks for crafting with us this week! And stay tuned for the next edition of Creative Crafts to see what Laura and Meg have up their crafty sleeves. I know I can’t wait.
I hope you have enjoyed 31 of the Best Recycled Crafts and you will be inspired to dig through your recycle bin and create something wonderful and unexpected soon! If you do, tag me on social media @CreativelyBeth as I would LOVE to see what you have made!
Thanks for stopping by!